Read this before you start trading today!
- US indices finished yesterday’s session mixed. S&P 500 fell 0.05%, Dow Jones added 0.13% and Nasdaq finished 0.09% lower. Russell 2000 advanced 1.14%
- Stocks in Asia traded mixed today. Nikkei rose 0.37%, S&P/ASX 200 advanced 0.95% and Kospi gained 0.02%. Indices from China are trading in red
- DAX futures point to a slightly higher opening of the European session
- Australia GDP for Q1 2021 +1.8% q/q ( expected +1.5%)
- RBNZ Gov Orr says dairy exports supportive for NZ economy, helping offset tourism losses
- Fitch has raised their NZDUSD forecasts
- New Zealand Terms of Trade for Q1 2021: +0.1% q/q (expected -0.3%, previous +1.3%)
- SEC said Tesla failed to oversee Musks’ tweets last year, according to WSJ
- Turkey PM Ergodan again called for lower interest rates
- Bitcoin trades around 36,500 USD, Ethereum broke above 2,600 USD
- AUD and CHF are the best performing major currencies while GBP and NZD lag the most
USDTRY – yesterday the Turkish Lira fell sharply as Prime Minister Erdogan said that Turkey needs to lower interest rates and he had spoken to the central bank governor earlier in the day on the issue. Immediately following the comments, USDTRY soared to 8.72.