Read this before you start trading today!
- US indices finished yesterday’s session higher. S&P 500 rose 0.55%, Dow Jones gained 1.06% and Nasdaq closed 1.77% higher. Russell 2000 advanced 0.61%
- Stocks in Asia traded mixed. Nikkei and S&P/ASX 200 moved higher, while Kospi and indices from China dropped
- DAX futures point to a flat opening of the European session
- Iran is readying a hike in its oil exports to “maximum capacity” within months, according to EnergyIntel
- Japanese media report a State of Emergency planned to be declared in Okinawa
- The IHS Markit Australia Manufacturing PMI jumped to a record 59.9 (previous 59.7)in May, while the Services PMI decreased to 58.2 (previous 58.8).
- Australia Retail sales for April rose to 1.1% m/m (expected +0.5%)
- US Treasury calls for crypto transfers over 10K to be reported to the IRS
- The au Jibun Bank Japan Manufacturing PMI dropped to 52.5 in May (previous 53.6)
- Bitcoin trades near 40,000 USD, Ethereum pulled back slightly towards $2,750
- CHF and JPY are the best performing major currencies while AUD and CAD lag the most
USDJPY pair once again approaches the long-term trendline, however upward move is halted by the 50 SMA ( green line). Only breaking one of the above-mentioned obstacles can lead to bigger price movements.